The first Auenkirche in Berlin was built in the 13th century as the village church of Wilmersdorf, a small town which is now part of the city of Berlin. The current church building is from 1895 and has a beautiful interior with amazing acoustics. The Auen Church is regularly used for recordings of professional choirs and orchestras. A Furtwängler und Hammer organ, dating back to 1897, with almost 7,000 pipes and 85 registers is used regularly for organ concerts and recitals. The Auenkirche is part of a very active Lutheran church congregation in Berlin-Wilmersdorf.